Recreational softball is known to have a lower level of competitiveness than competitive softball. The goal of our Recreational league is to have FUN along with learning teamwork, practice fundamentals, and to enjoy the game of fast pitch softball.
- Playing time is guaranteed. Every player who registers will play regardless of ability.
- No tryouts are necessary to join a team. Players are randomly placed on teams.
- Registration for the league begins January 1st & ends March 15th. Fees must be paid before players can play. The number of teams varies from year to year but usually we field 6-8 teams per league with 12-14 girls per team.
- There are minimal practice days and recurring weekly games, making it easier on the family schedule.
- Practices begin in April and games run through June.
- All of our coaches are volunteers.
- Umpires are provided for the Minor, Junior, and Senior leagues.
- Players will need to provide their own helmets, bat, glove and water bottle. All helmets need to be ASA certified with a face guard and chin strap. **Safety is a top priority.** Helmets and bats are available to purchase-for purchasing information, please contact your league commissioner.
- Rules for each league are provided at the beginning of the season and generally follow the ASA rules. Expectations for players, parents, and coaches are included.
Each player will receive a T-shirt for the team to which they are assigned by the commissioner of the league. (** NO ALTERATIONS can be made to the T-shirt including but not limited to cutting, writing or drawing on, etc. **)
All games are played at Crown and Wager field at Ralston Park, 80th and Park Drive in Ralston. (See Our Facility Page for directions)
Questions regarding team formation may be directed to any league commissioner (See our Board Members Page for contact info).